James is Chief Operating Officer for Pelham Street.
James is an experienced leader with a reputation for delivery in the face of major organisational change. He has led large teams with risk and complexity at the core. He thrives on changing organisational culture and developing teams to achieve successful outcomes.
James spent over 30 years in the British Army. Latterly, he commanded the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, a leadership centre of excellence, where he was responsible for the training and development of over 1,500 students and staff per year. Prior to Sandhurst, James was the British Army’s senior representative in the US; in this role he engaged with the Trump Administration, Congress, think-tanks, the media and the wider diplomatic community across Washington D.C. to enhance and sustain the UK/US defence and security relationship, politically and militarily.
Change has been routine for James. Personally, he has completed multiple assignments both in the UK and overseas; on average one every two years for the past three decades. And organisationally, he has led and managed multiple change programmes within the British Army.
Highly empathetic with strong interpersonal and communication skills, James is passionate and driven, with high standards and strong integrity.
Education, Qualifications, Professional Memberships:
- Alliance Manchester Business School – Advanced Management Course.
- Chartered Management Institute Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Direction & Leadership.
- UK Defence Academy’s Higher Command & Staff Course – Defence & Security course to prepare future strategic leaders for higher command & management.
- US National Defense University – US defence & strategic course for senior leaders.
- MA, Cranfield University.